Monday, August 30, 2010
Bo Pelini giving us a sneak-peak of his Halloween 2010 costume
We made it... Goodbye summer, and hello excitement - football is finally officially here.
My season predictions will be posted later this week, so for now I just have a couple of lingering questions, as well as some random thoughts.
1) Both UT and OU each received one vote each for #1 in the first AP poll. Really? From who?
2) Louisiana Tech travel to aggy on September 11. The Bulldogs ranked #91 in passing last year, but Sonny Dykes will most certainly improve on that. Will be watching (or at least listening..)
3) East Carolina opens with 2 home games - Tulsa and Memphis - before traveling to #10 Va Tech, and #18 UNC in consecutive weeks. Here's hoping the Pirates fare well. Riley is in a perfect situation to hone his skills.
4) Wondering what the odds are in Vegas that Pelini has some kind of aneurysm at some point before December.. Defininitely King Penis of the Big XII
5) Probably RichRod's last season in Ann Arbor. What a colossal mistake hiring him was. I love it.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Taylor Potts was named starting QB for Texas Tech yesterday, after a fall camp battle with Steven "Sticks" Sheffield.
Potts has a special place in RoosterBowl history, as the "slow and statue-like" QB who was pulled from RB12 with fans chanting "no more Potts". Incidentally, this was also the first time in school history where Tech fans were heard chanting "no" to anything related to pot, or that sounds like pot.
How many turnovers will it take for rabid Tech fans to start their chants again?
Posted by Magnum at 07:16
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
NEW YORK — Former Texas Tech football coach Mike Leach will call games on television as he pursues a lawsuit over his firing from the school.
Cable network CBS College Sports announced Monday that the colorful, opinionated Leach will work as an analyst.
Leach will team with play-by-play announcer Roger Twibell on CBS College Sports, which airs Mountain West, Conference USA and service academy games.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Thank God football is here. The World Cup's been over for a month, and baseball still sucks. The best part? Magnum and I will in the HUB one month from today holding a board meeting in preparation for the October festivities.
A lot has happened since I last checked in - new coach, and a new attitude. That's good. Same administration too. Not so good. Maybe it was time for Leach to move on, but it certainly wasn't handled well - by either side. And the ugliness continues...
Nothing really new with aggy. New coordinators, preemptive excuses for 2010 failures, and some new sheep jokes. I'm already packed and ready to head out to the Land of Collie in a couple of months for what should prove to be the largest crowd ever to witness an ass-whipping, courtesy of the Scarlet and Black.
All in all, it's going to be a great season, regardless of Nebraska and Colorado bolting. Tech has 4 straight wins against the Huskers, so I can understand the disparity in Lincoln. Might have to make a trip to Boulder this year. Tech has never won a game there, and this will be the final opportunity - at least for a while, anyway. If Leach winds up there, it could make for an interesting non-con match up at some point.
Speaking of bolting, I was in favor of the PAC 10 move. It's over for now, regardless of who's to blame, and all of that other finger pointing. The best way to hedge your bet for the future is to win. Win a lot.
With all of that said, I can't wait for the Sunday of Labor Day weekend! It really can't come soon enough.