Thursday, September 09, 2010

Predictions:

Keeping with tradition, my annual predictions are a week late. (I still would've picked Tech over SMEW if I had posted these last week, however...)

SMEW:
June Jones is in a perfect position, other than the fact he's surrounded by concrete and no sand. (of course, metaphorically speaking, there's more sand in Dallas than most anywhere else...) Anyway, the Ponies will be pretty decent this year, mostly because of a weak conference, but with 73 different bowl games this winter, count on them being in one. Tech by 21.

@"New" Mexico:
ABQ is never a desired destination, but then again, neither is any place in the state (and I use that word loosely) of New Mexico. Seriously, all it takes is one visit, and you'll wonder why the word "New" is used to describe anything there. The Lobos hate Tech, and are jealous, which I find slightly amusing. They fired Rocky, and their governor actually understands Kim Jong il. That alone tells anyone how FUBAR the whole place is. Tech by 28.

Whorns:

As much as I despise Butterteeth and his used car salesman act, his BS will have his team believing they can actually win. I like our young secondary more than I respect their QB who cried on national TV against 'Bama. Expect him to dink and dunk all night, while Potts throws at will. In fact, I think we'll see more than one QB with a puke-orange cow on his helmet on this night, as I expect Gilbert to get his feelings hurt and have to pull himself out of the game. Tech by 10.

@ISU:
Know nothing about the Cyclones. Don't really care either. Ugliest uniforms and cheerleaders. Who cares if you have a caucus. You're pretty low on the chain if that's your claim to fame. Tech by 24.

BU@Cotton Bowl:
Brazos may be pretty pesky, but I'm counting on Tech's D to be really salty at this juncture of the season. Griffin is plenty good, but he can't win the game by himself. At least I don't think so - I did say the same thing about Vince Young in 2005... Anyway, Sick 'Em will play tough, but Tech should roll in this one in front of a home crowd. Tech by 21.

Xerox State:

What happened, Gundy? Is the truth about your true talent beginning to shine through? I knew you were a fraud just by looking at your haircut for the first time. You'd be more interesting if you had been hanging around with Sutton's crowd the last couple of years. FYI: I know of a good Realtor in Stoolwater. Tech by 28.

@CU:
My first trip to Boulder! Should be Tech's first win in Boulder too. Unfortunately, previous trips to the Rockies have been full of really poor efforts, and many losses to really bad Buffalo teams. No doubt TT will have these guys ready to play. The Black Hole can cause some problems, especially at night. Possible trap game, although I still think in order to beat Tech, Ralphie would have to line up in the backfield, and have lots of Stickum applied to his mane. Tech by 10.

RB XIII @aggy:

HUGE game for both teams. aggy will bring the biggest crowd of the season out for this one, while Tech will bring everything it has, including the red pants. Tech plays well in the Land of Collie, and seems to find a way to win close games. This will be the biggest game of Fat Mike's career, and his sheep humping breathren will be loud. Both offenses should be explosive, and I like Tech's D to make a few more stops, and force JJ into his customary bad decisions. Tech by 14.

Mizzou:

What a time to be Tiger. Everyone hates you in the Big XII, but we all know that Missouri is such a crap hole state anyway. Who goes there on purpose besides Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton? Hell, even Porter Wagner would stay way. Anyway, the Tigers have no clue who they are, and this could be dangerous. I'm glad the game is in the HUB, as it could be fairly intersting. Tech by 14.

@BlowU:

Landry Jones isn't all that. I do like Demarco Murray though. It's a tough place to play, but why not? Anything is possible in this deadbeat state. Tommy Morrison once landed a role in a Rocky movie. The Flaming Lips are celebrated as the greatest thing since the invention of the trailer park. (the Flaming Lips suck, btw..) And lastly, Barry Switzer is legendary here. Anything is possible. (I keep telling myself that..) Finally a W in Norman. Tech by 7.

The last 2 games are wins too.

4 comments:

Magnum said...

I'm glad you stuck with another tradition of picking Tech to play in the BCS title game, because that's what you're doing by picking them to go undefeated.

I love your assertion of Johnson's "customary" bad decisions. He sure didn't make any in Lubbock last year, and I expect that trend to continue at Rooster the 13th.

My predictions will come over the weekend, but needless to say, I would have picked A&M over SFA, and predict another victory over your technical brethren of Louisiana.

Anonymous said...

wow, blake comes out blazing with literary stylings that would make Jim Rome proud.

I haven't heard wacky nicknames like that (ie BlowU) since high school.

bake said...

I'm hoping Sonny's boys make a strong showing. I'm excited for him. Good cat..

Good to see you, Brad - hopefully you'll be a regular this fall.

bake said...

BTW: someone has to pick Tech to go undefeated - might as well be me.

JJ will throw some picks. Really, our guys were never in it last year, and made him look like a superstar.