Tuesday, October 09, 2007

J-Train guarantees victory in Lubbock!!!!

This is the kind of bold swagger that I want to see!



A&M's Lane guarantees victory against Tech

Web Posted: 10/09/2007 03:09 PM CDT
Brent Zwerneman
San Antonio Express-News

COLLEGE STATION – Texas A&M running back Jorvorskie Lane said Tuesday that he doesn’t care if the Aggies haven’t won at Texas Tech since 1993.

“We’re going to win in 2007,” Lane said. “That’s a guarantee. I promise you.”

Asked what coach Dennis Franchione – who had already spoken at the weekly press conference – might think of such a bold prediction, Lane shrugged.

“I’m a man,” he said. “ I can say what I want to say.”

The Aggies and Red Raiders play 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Jones AT&T Stadium. Tech has won by a combined 70 points in Franchione’s two previous trips to Lubbock as A&M coach. Such a fact didn’t faze Lane.

“Nothing can break us,” he said.

3 comments:

bake said...

Swagger? The "I'm a man" part exposes the desperation.

Magnum said...

I thought he was taking a shot at Mike Gundy.

Anonymous said...

Blake? WOW...thanks for making an appearance.

I love the guarantee by J Train... it has been too quiet this week. This is supposed to be a rivalry. Glad to see someone spicing things up.