Saturday, October 06, 2007

unfortunate news for RoosterBowl X

I have some unfortunate news to report about my attendance at RoosterBowl this year. Unfortunately, I will not make the traveling roster for RoosterBowl X. I have always said that hell nor high water would keep me from missing another RoosterBowl, and I have not missed one since 1999 in Lubbock. The only thing that could keep me away is the needs of my family, and this year, that is what will keep me away. My wonderful wife has been struggling with her health recently, and was just discharged today from her third hospitalization of 2007. She encouraged me to go on with my friends, but I have made the decision that I need to be with my family as much as possible in the coming weeks.

I have full confidence and expectation that the show will go on, and that Blake and Teddy-K will effectively carry the torch with me there only in spirit. When the Aggies win, Teddy-K can accept the Rooster on my behalf, and return Him to His rightful perch in Dallas.

Long live the Rooster, and Gig 'Em Aggies!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe,

It stinks that you can't go (I know you are disappointed), but you are making the right decision on this.

Good luck to Shannon.

On a separate note, it appears that the traffic to this website has waned considerably. The Tech fans have gone into a shell...and I am not sure why.

My only theory is that maybe they have actually grown fairly accustomed to beating A&M and some of the magic has worn off. I know Tech still hates the aggies and this is still their superbowl... but I sense a "been there done that attitude" when it comes to beating A&M.

A&M needs to fuel the fire of this rivalry by winning in Lubbock this weekend. No one has defended coach Fran more than me, but it is time to put up or shut up.

In the words of Bobby Knight, "I am tired of losing to F-ing Purdue." (sub in Tech for Purdue...you get the idea.

To me this is a must win for Coach Fran.

Magnum said...

yep, I agree on all counts. Tech fans EXPECT to beat A&M in Lubbock, and Aggie fans expect to lose in Lubbock. A&M hasn't won in Lubbock since 1993, and it is a symbol of our frustration with the program. It's time to turn the corner!

As for my attendance, I am certainly disappointed, but as Blake put it this morning, "it's just a football game". It's nice to know that I have friends like Blake, who would have me do nothing other than what I have decided to do (not that there was ever any doubt).

The good news is, I will now be able to attend Connor's birthday party on Saturday (Brad, please stop having kids in the fall!!!)

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about shannon, hope she gets better , wishing her well.

Anonymous said...

As for the game , Go Aggies !!! If you want the enemy to win let it be your biggest enemy. I will have aggie spirit cheering you guys on this weekend. As much as you hate UT , remember the power of THE FOOTBALL FAN !! The football fan always supports his/her friends team. This weekend it will be the fighting aggies, at least for now , different story come thanksgiving.

bake said...

Best wishes for my #1 Rooster Chick! Get well soon so we can laugh at Eric's dance moves from New Years 1999!