Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Dear President-elect Obama,

As a fan of the "less-fortunate" football program at Texas A&M University, I am very excited about the prospects of your administration. You see, our rival, the Red Raiders from Texas Tech, are very fortunate, and have more than their fair share of victories this year, while the Aggies continue to struggle. To enact fairness in this situation, I am expecting your immediate action to transfer some of Tech's wins to A&M. It is not fair that Tech continues to collect victories while A&M is mired in mediocrity, and government action to restore fairness is required.

Your prompt attention to this matter is appreciated.

Your comrade,

Magnum

1 comment:

Fletch said...

Hi President-elect Obama,

It's Fletch. Red state. Not quite in your demographic. But anyway.

In addition to RoosterJoe's fuzzy math request, which I understand makes perfect sense under your tax plan, I'd like to make a request on behalf of the "low income" you are here to represent.

Without my husband's salary, I fall into that oppressed group of Americans who make less than 250k, 200k, or 150k, depending on the versions of your plan, plus I'm a full time mom to three small children. I would like for you to pimp my ride, my carseats, my mansion, my backyard playscape and my sub-zero. While I can't afford to replace these things myself today, I am confident they fall into your priority list for suffering Americans. I want free healthcare for my next dog and while I feel I save plenty of money using coupons for groceries, I will need breaks on my alcohol purchases.

Thanks, Master of Change,

Sincerely, the White Woman who voted for Four More Years of the Same