Monday, November 17, 2008

OU -6.5



I'm on track to make my first ever visit to the only state Arkansas can make fun of this weekend. I'm confident that I'll witness a little bit of history as well, seeing how a win virtually wins the South for the Red Raiders.

If Tech continues to play at the same level its played at for the last few games, I believe that I will witness a rare win in Norman. That's the key though - keeping the same pace and putting out the same effort.

Norman has proven to be tough for Tech - only one win, and that was during the pathetic John Blake's tumultuous tenure in 1996. This is the perfect environment for Tech's biggest game ever - at least the biggest game as of yet.

No one picks Tech in this one. I love it. I have absolutely no doubt that the team loves it as well. This team doesn't want to be coddled and told how good it is. This team carries a chip on its shoulder and wants to prove it on the field by being quicker, hitting harder, playing smarter, and outright finishing.

I don't think it will be easy. OU has been playing well, no doubt. The Sooners have great players and a great staff as well, and the luxury of playing at home, which is nice seeing how everyone can just walk over from the trailer parks.

I just believe that, right now, Tech is the better team. Obviously, the better team doesn't always win, but I think OU is walking into a potential buzz saw in this one. There is no team playing better right now than the Red Raiders - in fact, take away a few mistakes in the 2nd half of the UT game, and there has not been a more dominant team in football.

It's time to step it up another notch. Nothing has been won yet, and most certainly this one is no gimme. It will have to be earned.

It's time to prove the critics wrong yet again.

4 comments:

Magnum said...

I will be surprised at a Tech win in Norman, but pleasantly surprised. I am rooting for Tech to win it all.

bake said...

I think a lot of people are surprised that Tech is undefeated as of right now.

I don't know what's going to happen for sure, but I do believe Tech is better - right now. At halftime of the Rooster Bowl, I wouldn't have been this confident, but that's all changed with what's happened ever since.

What makes this team different is that it is peaking at the right time for a change.

We'll see.

Laura Weiss said...

WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!
bring it home for us Blake!

Magnum said...

if the Raiders pull this one off in Norman, the next "biggest game in Tech history" will be in the BCS Championship game. Amazing.