Saturday, September 24, 2005

Austin City Limits Festival, Day I

It turned out to be a beautiful day at Zilker - no rain whatsoever. The freaks were definitely out on patrol yesterday as well, which always makes for good eye candy.

Particularly amusing were the guys standing around whispering "mushrooms, mushrooms" as you walked by. Even more amusing was the fact that they discriminated who they would speak to, apparently judging people by their appearance.

Lucinda's show was my favorite, and other highlights were Spoon, Thievery Corporation, and Keane. They wheeled out the Allman Brothers for about an hour, but you didn't miss anything if you have their greatest hits album. The Black Crows closed it out last night, and every song they played was about 15 minutes long, which surprised me because I didn't think anyone who smoked that much ganga could possibly have an attention span that long....

Tonight, Oasis rocks the house. I last caught them at the Bronco Bowl in 1996, and it is easily the best live ROCK show I've ever seen.

Stay tuned.

(this report courtesy of Bob Scratchit of Waxahachie and Billy Bong Thornton)