Thursday, September 22, 2005

"Can Tech Score 100"

This is the question posed in today's Dallas Morning News. What a stupid question with an obvious answer: YES!

In spite of what critics have said, I think Mike Leach showed a great deal of mercy last week when he pulled his starters so early. That being said, how can he ask the 2nd and 3rd stringers to lay down, especially when it will be one of the very few chances they get to play all season. I would be a big critic of Leach for leaving in the starters and not easing up the play calling, but to put the backups in and not let them run the offense would be silly, not to mention insulting to the other team. You also have to consider that a team losing by 40 in a non-conf game will also pull their own starters. They don't want to risk injury to a key player when the outcome is decided. This pits the hungry Tech backups running a spread offense against a division 2 backup defense that has probably given up........of course there will be more scoring.

I am no Tech apologist, but Leach deserves a break here.

--
Joe Terry
--
Sent from my Treo Handheld

1 comment:

Magnum said...

I realize I am talking to myself here, but after tonight, it looks like Tech could score 100 against A&M. The Aggie defense tonight was totally pitiful. Props to the Texas St. QB, but seriously, what a pathetic showing.