Thursday, September 29, 2005

Joe's A&M predictions

Well, if Ted wants predictions, here they are. I am not too far behind, and will be honest about what my predictions were on the games that have already been played. I had both teams at 3-0 at this point, so that field goal at the end of the Clemson game is my only blemish.

Remaining Aggie games:
10/1 BAYLOR WIN: Big revenge game here for last years OT upset by Baylor. Aggies are hitting on all cylinders here on both sides of the ball (3-1)
10/8 @ Colorado WIN: This is a tough place to play, but the Ags will win, in spite of making the inconsistent Joel Klatt look like Johnny Unitas (4-1)
10/15 OKIE LITE WIN: Woods brothers not enough for the Orange Aggies (5-1)
10/22 @ K-State WIN: The Ags will make this one look close, but come away with another big win here (6-1)
10/29 IOWA ST. WIN: No team from the North can come in and win at Kyle this year. Cyclones go down big in front of 85,000 (7-1)
11/5 @ Texas Tech WIN: I know, it's a bold place to predict a victory, especially after the pathetic pass defense displayed by Ags so far, but the will patch up the defense enough to win a shootout in Lubbock. Another cardiac game for Roosterbowl VIII (8-1)
11/12 @ OU WIN: Peterson is all they've got. Ags force many turnovers and win big (9-1)
11/25 TEXAS LOSS: I hate to predict a loss here, but UT will have only been challenged by Tech up to this point, and will be 10-0 and smelling roses. Probably too much for the Ags this year unless the spoiler factor combines with a big Kyle Field advantage. (9-2)

Final prediction: 9-2, which should put A&M in the 1st bowl slot for the Big 12, since UT will be in the BCS Championship Rose Bowl.

I have to go to work. I will do my Tech predictions later today.

No comments: