Friday, September 23, 2005

Thursday night Rita bowl

The defense was a total no show last night. I am not quite sure how we made a D2 offense look like they were being led by Michael Vick. But, it's not quite time to panic.

If we hadn't already shown we could manhandle a supposedly overmatched team in the SMU game, I would be more worried. I do wish we had repeated that effort last night, but it was an odd scenario in every aspect of last night's game, so I guess it's a little easier to shrug it off.

The offense, on the other hand, put up huge numbers last night: >300 passing and just under 100 rushing for Reggie; >100 rushing for Lewis; and >200 receiving for Carter. Carter is turning into a star. The offense still looked out of sync somehow. Reggie made several bad throws, and they stalled out in the red zone. I really think they were experimenting with some playcalling or something.

As long as we get back to form next Saturday against Baylor, I won't be too worried.

No comments: