Monday, April 27, 2009

McBath and Vasquez



I can't say enough about McBath, really - I began to focus on him during the UTEP game a couple of years ago. My buddy, BJ, was doing color for FOX, and told me after the game that he would be a star some day. He was right - McBath was a huge part of last years D turnaround. In fact, he was in on just about everything at the end of last year.

I'm convinced that Dallas wanted him, but it just didn't turn out that way. McDaniels deserves credit for this one. The Broncos just started rebuilding its D in a major way as I believe McBath will continue to improve and impress.



Vasquez is one of those guys who just shows up for work. The guy took a back seat in the press to Reed, and it was no big deal. That's the guy you want. He's a moose, and I believe that he'll be able to contribute right away. Arguably, he may be a bit better than Reed, but only because of his health and longer shelf life.

The Chargers did well by taking him, and its fans will see soon enough that maybe that their GM Smith isn't that stupid after all - then again, people always underestimate Norv's ability to pick talent because they want to judge him on his head coaching record only.

No comments: