Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sherman and McGee take odds with Leach comment

Leach refuses to apologize, challenges Sherman to a saber duel
LINK

SHERMAN:

"I don't understand Coach Leach's comments about Stephen McGee," Sherman said Monday. "He was named our starter until he got injured. I've always believed in Stephen's character and I've always believed in his talent, and I always will. I see him having an outstanding NFL career.

"Coach Leach is in no position to comment about my relationship with Stephen McGee."

McGEE:

"I don't know where that comment came from or who it was directed at," McGee said. "But I am shocked because my time at A&M was very special to me. Obviously, I got injured, and many people think that Coach Sherman benched me. That's just not true.

LEACH:

"...based on all the fuss and commotion on this, I can't help but wonder what round Coach Sherman would have drafted Stephen McGee, given the fact he was once a head coach in the NFL."

"I'm not sorry for what I said," Leach said. "I'm sorry if they feel offended."

5 comments:

bake said...

Funny, aggy whined, moaned, and bitched for 4 years about how McGee was not utilitzed the way he was supposed to be utilized.

Wrong offense, wasting his talents,etc, etc, etc......

Now all of a sudden, aggy is offended by stark reality.

aggy is as aggy does.

Magnum said...

I did complain that Franchione didn't utilize McGee properly. That has nothing to do with Mike Sherman and Stephen McGee, and it doesn't excuse Leach for trying to diminish McGee's being drafted. It was just uncalled for, and pure sour grapes. Leach's comments about the "commotion" make it even clearer that he was intending to question the drafting of McGee in general. He's obviously hurt that his guy was passed over for McGee, and his way of dealing with it is to take a shot at McGee, acting like he was benched and not injured. Like I said, I generally like Leach, including his odd, sarcastic humor, but I thought he was better than this.

bake said...

aggy continues to spin this and by doing so, continues to reinforce the reason everyone loves aggy jokes.

Leach's statement says it all, and the fact that aggy acts so offended all of a sudden merely proves that aggy is exactly what we believe aggy to be: self-absorbed, self-righteous, and completely ridiculous.

Sherman's a cowardly tool.

Magnum said...

Sherman stepped up and said Leach didn't know what he was talking about and he was out of line. How do you define that as "cowardly". Leach challenged Sherman (through the media) as to where, with his NFL experience, he would have drafted McGee. Sherman responded by documenting his own pre-draft projections that McGee would be a late 3rd/early 4th round pick. He was right.

Leach is acting like a prick on this whole deal. Just too bitter and too arrogant to believe that the NFL thinks his offense is a joke.

Magnum said...

I've also been listening to you for three years tell me that McGee wouldn't even make the team at Tech. You've said that McGee's career at A&M was failed, comparing him to Quincy Carter. What you are being forced to accept is, that the NFL would rather draft a "failed" "Quincy McGee" from A&M than a record setting "Cody" Harrell from Tech. I can understand why that's upsetting to Tech apologists, including you and Leach.

Leach was right to call out Mangini for calling Crab a "diva". Sherman was right to call out Leach for taking a shot at McGee. Leach just wants it both ways. He's the cowardly, arrogant tool, not Sherman.