Sunday, October 12, 2008

Flashback! 2001


Commandancy of Section 15
Jones Stadium, Nov. 3rd 2001

To the People of College Station & all Agro-americans in the world --

Fellow farmers & 12th men -- I am besieged by a thousand or more of the Techsicans under Leach -- I have sustained a continual Bombardment & cannonade for 60 minutes & have only given up 12 points -- The enemy demanded passage out of the stadium, otherwise, the fans are to be put to the goalpost, if the section is taken -- I have answered the demand with binoculars, & we are still humping it proudly from the walls -- I shall never surrender, or go to my car. Then, I call on you in the name of RC, of Reville & everything dear to the aggie character, to come to our aid, with all dispatch -- The enemy is receiving reinforcements every hour & will no increase to three or four thousand before they decide to go get some dinner and something to drink. If this call is neglected, I am determined to sustain as long as possible & then run to the newspapers and tell them I work for the governor.

Victory or Shreveport!
William Barret McKinney
Chf. Gomer, Comdt.

3 comments:

Magnum said...

Of this whole debacle, Blake leaves out the most important quote of all. After Tek students tore down the goalpost, rammed it into the visiting section, inciting fights and violence, Mike Leach, in his second year of Roosterbowl said: "There may have been an individual or two that got out of hand. For the record, I think our fans are better than the Aggie fans."

The facts are, the whole thing was caused by Tech students shoving the goalpost into the stands. Blake has tried unsuccessfully for years to pin this on Alamo Mike.

bake said...

Aggy are the best fans! Don't take my word for it though - just ask Aggy.

bake said...

BTW: here's the whole quote from Leach:

A&M wants to rip on our fans and all that. Our fans are as good as their fans are. One thing our fans don't do is sit around and whine about other teams' fans. A&M spent a significant part of the week whining about what our fans are like."

"It's interesting to me that all these Aggies — whether they're at A&M or here — are sitting around with halos over their heads and they have some divine expertise on fanmanship. I just don't believe that's the case. For the record, I think our fans are better than the Aggie fans."