Friday, October 17, 2008

The truth about Roosterbowl.

It's rooster eve...is anybody out there?

As I sit here (alone in my attic) and knee deep in empty cans of keystone light...there is one simple and sad thought that comes to mind.

What happened to this rivalry?

As much as I hate to admit it, it is the aggies who are to blame for the lackluster energy level surrounding this game. We are a shell of our former selves. So much so that I am not even sure Tech fans circle this game on their calender anymore. Years ago, Tech fans lived to beat A&M...nowadays, they expect it.

These are dark days for Aggie fans. On one hand, I am tempted to watch the game by myself (drunk and alone in my attic) to escape post game ridicule. On the other hand, I know that we have nothing to lose. We have hit rock bottom...Tech could win by 50 and it would not phase me.

BUT WHAT IF....

We could somehow win this game. The entire season would be ruined for the RedFaders. Dreams of a conference championship game would be over, and the season would be spoiled. Sadly, this is all the aggie fan has this year. This is a no lose situation for us...

...but a win would do a lot to restore the luster of roosterbowl, and that is important.

3 comments:

Magnum said...

you mean dreams of their first conference championship ever, in any conference. I am here expecting to witness an upset.

Magnum said...

apparently, our new coach thinks a football game is 55 minutes, since he mailed it in, trailing by 11, with 5 minutes on the clock. I am LIVID. You were right that we have nothing to lose. We should have made an effort to win the freaking game!!!

bake said...

Ok, Brad - as I said, it's good to hear from you. I know Aggy is down right now, but I did see some positives on Saturday.

For one, you've found your QB. He's good. He's a rookie, but can be a playmaker once he gets his feet completely wet.


Tannahill looks to be a score for Aggy as well. He played lights out, I thought. He's already a leader out there, and he's got 3 more years.

Hunter looks like he can be a beast too. Didn't see much else though on D side though.

Don't laugh, but you seem to have a dependable kicker too.

I think I remember your O line being fairly young, but you have to remember our D line is very athletic, and has experience.

I'm already tired of Sherman name-dropping other NFL coaches names when answering questions. He needs to shut up and give his team an opportunity to win games. Enough of the conservative approach - this is not the pros.

If Johnson and Tannahill had hooked up on that 4th down, instead of punting, it could've changed the whole game.

I don't buy into Sherman's excuses - especially when you're 2-4 and on the ropes and on the verge of a 5th loss.

Time will tell with this guy.