Thursday, October 16, 2008

October surprise

My wife has had some unfortunate health issues surface, which will threaten my attendance at RoosterBowl. She is in the hospital and feeling much better, but my priorities are with her and Madi, and if forced to choose, the answer is easy (I said in an earlier post that I wouldn't miss this game for the world, but I will miss it for Shannon). My only hope at this point for RoosterBowl XI, is that Shannon is discharged from the hospital tomorrow, and is feeling good enough for me to get up very early Saturday and drive down for some tailgating and kickoff. If that does not work out, then I know I can count on Teddy K to carry the Aggie RoosterBowl torch without me.

Please keep Shannon in your prayers, and be assured that this does not appear to be related to her prior brain surgery, and is not a return of her health issues from last year. Just another freaky medical mystery for which she is now famous.

3 comments:

bake said...

Done. Get well, Shan!!

We're offically on the road - and unfortunately, the Rooster Tub is getting left behind this year. Too many issues for it to happen.

Maybe my neighbors can utilize it!

Fletch said...

Lots of prayers to Shannon, and we'll miss ya! Or be happily shocked if you arrive!

Magnum said...

Shannon was cleared and discharged last night, and I got here at 1 am!!