Saturday, October 25, 2008

I have a weird feeling

A&M beat Iowa State tonight 49-35. The Aggies were pretty much able to score at will, yet gave up almost 600 yards of total offense to ISU. Blake, I have to ask you, is this how it felt being a Tech fan for all those years of electrifying offense combined with "Red Carpet Defense"? I really do feel like our offense is starting to click with Johnson at the helm (tonight 31/39 for 379 yds and 4 TD), and they are getting better. Just a glimmer of hope really. I realize we were playing Iowa State, so don't take this the wrong way, and my point isn't entirely complimentary.

A&M is terrible this year, so I'm just trying to mine out bright spots for the future. On offense, I like Jerrod, Tannehill, Jamie McCoy, and Jeff Fuller. Even Cyrus Gray is promising, since Goodson has completely disappeared. I didn't see what his injury is, but he didn't play a down tonight (update, he did not suit up, due to an MCL sprain suffered against Tech). On defense, there isn't much to get excited about. I like Von Miller at LB, and Trent Hunter at DB. Michael Bennett is great, but he is a Senior, so no hope for the future there. Kellen Heard is in a big Junior slump, and the only other potential bright spot is Patterson at DT.

J-train scored another TD tonight, adding to his own career TD records at A&M. I also heard the most dubious "record" is about to be broken. It took me a minute to decipher it, when the commentator stated that Cyrus Gray is about to break the A&M record for single season kickoff return yardage. Just a cloaked reminder of how many times the other team gets to freaking kick off these days.

Anyway, enough rambling for tonight. I just was happy about a win, but it felt surreal to have that kind of a win with a Texas Tech-like box score.

Magnum, out.

1 comment:

bake said...

Be happy Sherman didn't have Johnson quick-kick on the first offensive series for Aggy.