Monday, October 06, 2008

Let's Not Start...

Being 5-0 and #7 reminds me of Winston Wolf's famous deadpanner.

Just like my previous entry, nothing has been won yet. I've seen 5-0 a few times, and I've heard all of the lofty projections before as well. Not once, however, have I seen it come through.

Although a nice win in Manhattan, I think Tech should be somewhere around #12 right now. I can count a few teams that we might not be able to beat with how we've performed thus far. Then again, I could be wrong. We'll see....

Hello, calling special teams....Is anyone there? Masonry? Where's that damn hippy clerk?

2 comments:

Magnum said...

yeah, there's something about being undefeated and highly ranked, but untested and heading into an away game with an unranked rival playing for pride and spoiler.

Flashback to 1999. Undefeated defending Big 12 champs Texas A&M had started the season highly ranked, and beaten their first three opponents by a combined 122-36. The number 5 Aggies were heavy favorites headed into Lubbock.

What happened October 2, 1999 in Lubbock became part of early RoosterBowl lore, and inspired the modern day collapsible goalpost. Tech 21, A&M 19.

Magnum said...

the tagboard is dead. I don't know where it went, and the host site is completely dead. I'll try to fix it this week.