Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Land of Collie Wrap-Up




It was another great trip down to Aggyland. A few key faces were missing this year, but overall a fantastic Rooster Bowl - complete with a hard-fought victory at Kyle Field.

I knew this one wouldn't be that easy, and it wasn't. The Collie Davidians who were at the game were loud, but I think it's safe to say that the better team won, which is fortunate, because past (way past) history suggests that it isn't always what happens.

A few game notes:

This was my 5th game at Aggy, and there was more red in the stadium than I've ever seen. Loved hearing the "Raider Power" chant echo down from the flag pole level of the Zone late in the game - great job!

Any Aggy who complains about the last TD should stuff it - Aggy has done the same thing to much lesser opponents, and as recently as twice in 2006 - with both games being at home. If you're angry, then be angry at your coach for quitting with 5 minutes left in the game.

I found it quite amusing that Halliburton is a scoreboard sponsor at Kyle - Whoop!

Speaking of Kyle, I had the best experience ever this time. Our seats were on the 34, 13 rows off the field. We sat 2 rows behind punter Justin Brantley's family, who fortunately for the Red Raiders, touched the ball 5 more times than JaPorky Lane.

I will admit that Mel and I did accompany Teddy K to Midnight Yell Practice. Although I swore I would never go back after being cussed out the last time in 2002, we felt it was appropriate to step up in place of Magnum, who at that point was completely out of the equation. I was very surprised to see that Everything That Is Aggy has tightened the screws on the Yell Leaders. Although still unfunny, it was bearable this time. Maybe it was just the vodka...

Pics to follow a little later.

4 comments:

Magnum said...

I was glad to make it. The look on Captain Bake's face when I broke into the Roostermobile at 1 am was worth it.

What awesome seats those were. Best I've had in years. They were especially good in the first half, but I had no illusions of a victory, even with the halftime lead. The Teck victory was imminent. A&M was just outclassed this year. RoosterBowl XII may be different!

bake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bake said...

If Tannahill had been coaching, the outcome could have been more interesting.

I really like this guy.

Anonymous said...

we got rooked by the officials.