Sunday, October 05, 2008

Back to Earth

Looks like I picked a good game to attend last weekend against Army, as it will be one of the few wins of the season. There is simply no point in my rehashing the mauling at Stoolwater yesterday, so I won't bother.

I updated the poll at the right, asking whether A&M will get bowl eligible this year. Early in the season, I would have voted yes. Obviously, things have not started out as any Aggie fan planned.

For A&M to become bowl eligible, we must have 6 wins against FBS opponents. At 2-3 right now, and three top 10 teams (OU, UT, Teck) remaining on the schedule, that pretty much means we must get the four needed wins from the other four games left: K-State, @Iowa State, Colorado, and @ Baylor. Could it happen? Sure, but I voted no. I think all of those games are winnable or losable, and running the table on them in the shape we are in is damn near impossible.

Honestly, I think we will go .500 in those 4 games, and get an upset between Tech and Texas. That would put us at 5-7 for the season, which I would be very happy with at this point.

No comments: