Friday, October 07, 2005

"Have you ever been to Roosterbowl?"


This is a conversation I overheard my 10 year old daughter having with her friend Hannah after school today. Try not to judge my parenting skills.

Hannah: I went to the College World Series last year

Madi: Cool. Have you ever been to Roosterbowl?

Hannah: No. What's that?

Madi: It's Texas Tech vs. the Aggies in football.

Hannah: Oh

Madi: I'm not allowed to go until I am old enough to drink beer.

Me: Madi, you have never been told that. What are you talking about?

Madi: Well, I'm not allowed to be around a bunch of drunk people until I'm 18.

Me: Madi, where are you coming up with this?

Madi: Okay, I guess I am just not allowed to be around crazy people.

Me: I said you would be bored

Madi: That's alright. Y'all would just make me stay in the trailer anyway.


(Insert redneck jokes here)

2 comments:

bake said...

Reminds me of the Fran story and the cigarettes. (Uncle Rico's Fran; not Aggieland's Fran)

Magnum said...

yeah. That's the story about when Eric was dating a girl named Fran, who was a chain smoker. Four year old Madi told me "I like Fran. Even though she's dirty, she's really nice."