Monday, October 10, 2005

Slocum on a Landline

(phone ringing)
RC: Halllo?
Fran: Hey RC - it's me, Fran (in a whispered voice).
RC: Who?
Fran: No, it's OK - I'm on a safe phone over at Gillespie's house.
RC: Oh. Well, OK. I don't trust that spook Byrne. What can I do you for?
Fran: Well, something weird happened.
RC: What - You mean that bottle of of Russian vodka from Molotov that Morriss left on your doorstep?
Fran: No, not that - when I went out to get the paper this morning, there were several "for sale" signs in my yard.
RC: Oh, yeah, well, that happened to me a few times.
Fran: What do I do?
RC: Easy - remember in Coaches Fish Camp how they taught us about diversions? Well, you need to divert the attention away from yourself.
Fran: Yeah! You're right - I've done worn out the cliches at this point, and everyone doesn't buy into that "I'm home" bit about being happy here much anymore.
RC: Yeah, that one even wore me out pretty quickly. Fran, my secret was to always fire a coordinator when the heat was on.
Fran: Well, the obvious choice is Torborgush.
RC: Ding, ding, ding - check out the big brain on Fran!
Fran: Thanks, RC. Oh, by the way, I've gained a little weight and my "Me and My RC" shirt is kinda tight fittin' these days...
RC: Say no more - a double X is on the way, Fran.
Fran: OK, bye bye.
RC: Yeah - talk to you in few weeks after the Tech game.

4 comments:

Magnum said...

very funny. I'm not quite to the point of putting a for sale sign in his yard, but I'm about done with Torbush. I wish we could hire RC to be defensive coordinator, but I don't think Byrne could get that worked out.

bake said...

The Aggies would be better served to hire Spike.

Magnum said...

We may be better of with Spike Lee.

bake said...

Fran is well on his way to wasting more talent than Spike EVER had come his way - and he's doing it in only 3 years.

I honestly hope they turn it around - remember, the Brazos Bears got one vote this week in the AP....