Monday, October 03, 2005

Heading to Lincoln


Winning in Lincoln won't come easy if Tech continues to commit 9-15 penalties (mostly stupid ones) per game. 1/3 of the way through the season, this first road game should prove whether Tech is as good as I think.

While Kansas has a good D line, the Raiders' O line has to step up against the Black Shirts and give Hodges a chance - and Cody has to have better awareness of his surroundings and protect the ball (4 fumbles Saturday) when necessary.

It's a great venue with rabid fans, and I expect a dogfight early on - but I also expect the better team to pull away, and that team should be the Raiders.

Red pants this week? Black? Who knows..

4 comments:

Magnum said...

Tech is a 4.5 pt. favorite in Lincoln. Looks like the money is on your side.

Magnum said...

I am quite sure that picture is on the bulletin board in the Cornholer locker room. Look for the Blackshirts to give y'all a game.

bake said...

Like I said, this one should be a defining moment for the season. In fact, this one could be viewed as the newest "biggest" game of Leach's career.

Win and you earn more respect; lose and everyone will say "same old Tech".

Magnum said...

I've been wrong here before, but this sure doesn't seem like the "same old Tech". I don't know why, but we'll know by Saturday night.