Friday, October 07, 2005

The Year: 1993

























Every Aggie I know has mastered the concept of diversion to an art form. The most common form of this deviation, as we all know, is known as living in the past. Seeing how it's Friday and that I'm in such a good mood, I have decided to bond together with my Aggie amigos and relive the great year of 1993 with them.
(note: remember Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer" ? - now change the lyrics to "Living in the Past", and you have the Aggie National Anthem)


The events:
Dallas defeats Buffalo 52-17 in Super Bowl XXVII

Mosaic creates the first WWW browser
Lorena Bobbatt goes on trial
The Branch Davidian compound is blown up
Bill Clinton inaugurated for the first time

and.....

It was the last time the Aggies won a football game in Lubbock


3 comments:

Magnum said...

Tech fans always go back just as far as they need to in order to support their point....going back any further by someone else is living in the past.

Tech has a history of upsetting of upsetting the Aggies in Lubbock.. there is no denying that. I just don't know how happy I'd be making my living as a spoiler while the teams we hope to upset are winning titles.

Magnum said...

by the way, "I have a lot of hate in my heart"

bake said...

Remember when Chuck quit the Cowboys when his dominoes got thrown away?